Unable to get Skyrim Script Editor Pro to work!

All about scripting Skyrim

Topic author
dwharper34

Unable to get Skyrim Script Editor Pro to work!

Post by dwharper34 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:48 pm

I have installed and updated Skyrim Script Editor Pro to the latest version. When I try to open a file, I enter the file name without the extension and nothing happens.

At first I received an error about my Skyrim Path not being correct. I finally seemed to get that working, at least no more errors. Then I recieved an error from .Net about being unable to find the scripts\source folder. I created that and then in the log I received the following error:

Code: Select all

__________________________ Error Log - 2/3/2017 7:23:17 PM__________________________

Exception Type : DirectoryNotFoundException
Error Message : Could not find a part of the path 'F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\source\.psc'.
Error Source : mscorlib
Error Trace :    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
   at FastColoredTextBoxNS.EncodingDetector.DetectTextFileEncoding(String InputFilename)
   at FastColoredTextBoxNS.FastColoredTextBox.OpenFile(String fileName)
   at SkyrimScriptCompilerPro.Form1.CreateTab(String fileName, String code)

The only thing in the source folder is the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg file.

I am trying to load a .pex file.  I have tried using the File, Open menu and Drag and Drop.  I tried to associate .pex files with SkyrimScriptCompilerPro.exe and I cannot get my script to open. There are no files in the lower file open window, so I cannot select them from there.

I am running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. My computer as stated in the log file is:

------------------------- Skyrim Script Compiler Pro V. 3.4.0.7 -------------------------
Application Path: D:\Games\Game Updates\!Essentials\! Skyrim Script Compiler Pro !
Operation System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64 Bit Operating System
SystemDirectory: C:\Windows\system32
Processor Name: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
ProcessorCount: 8
SystemPageSize: 4096
Version: 4.0.30319.42000

I have 16gb of Ram.

This error was before I upgraded.

I just looked in the config document and the path was still wromg and pointed to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim'. I changed it to the correct path of 'F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim' and saved it.

I have attached the
ErrorLog.txt
(15.72 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
ErrorLog.txt
(15.72 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
errorlog.txt

I would like to get this to work

Superl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to get Skyrim Script Editor Pro to work!

Post by Superl » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:42 pm

If I look at the error closely 'F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\source\.psc' the file you are trying to open as no name '.psc" is an extension. Use the file open then choose a file that exist in there to open it, if you type a file that doesn't exist that is why you will get that error

Come and say hello in here
Any donation will help click here please.

Have a nice day :103:

Topic author
dwharper34

Post by dwharper34 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 am

By clicking new and then cancel, I was able to drop my pex file in the window. I then created a psc file and yes it opens. When I make any changes and try to save it, I get the error 'The system cannot find the file specified'. I get the box that says there was an error, but I don't see anything new in the ErrorLog.txt file.

Superl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Superl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:52 am

Don't drop the file just put it in the source folder the open it with the file open menu, after it's open you don't have to create a new one just edit it then save it. To create a new file you don't need to open anything just create new one then save it, if your still getting error send me the log from the error log, there is a button for that.

Note that your problem got me to find a bug that as nothing to do with your problem but thank you, the bug is that the error log stays behind settings, will fix today

Topic author
dwharper34

Post by dwharper34 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:50 am

I am glad I was able to help. The file I have is only a .pex file. I need to edit that. Is it possible to do that with your tool?

I tried putting the .pex file in the source folder and it does not show. The red error box said 'There is an error log detected you can view it in the preferences tab. Click me to close'. There is no Preferences Tab. If I go to Tools -> Preferences I get an error 'Sorry you need to have a file open to use this function.'. I am about ready to give up. I sure do wish it would have worked. Thanks for your help!

Superl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Superl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:57 am

It can't decompile others work, so no it won't open any pex files.
If you want to see the settings just open a valid script file or create a new one.

As for a decompiler just make a google search for pex decompiler

Topic author
dwharper34

Post by dwharper34 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks! I'll do that. I really appreciate your help. I'm sure I will use your product in the future. I have already endorced your product just because of the excellent help!

Superl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Superl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:55 am

Thank you :103:

Return to “Skyrim Script Compiler Pro”